Always false float comparisons

Walter Bright via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sun May 15 21:37:19 PDT 2016

On 5/15/2016 9:06 PM, Manu via Digitalmars-d wrote:
> Holy shit, it's just occurred to me that 'real' is only 64bits on arm
> (and every non-x86 platform)...

There are some that support 128 bits.

> That means a compiler running on an arm host will produce a different
> binary than a compiler running on an x86 host!! O_O

That's probably why VC++ dropped 80 bit long double support entirely.

Me, I think of that as "Who cares that you paid $$$ for an 80 bit CPU, we're
going to give you only 64 bits."

It's also why I'd like to build a 128 soft fp emulator in dmd for all compile
time float operations.