[OT] A Rust tool for Cross-compilation

w0rp via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Mon May 16 04:31:08 PDT 2016

On Sunday, 15 May 2016 at 15:31:56 UTC, Joakim wrote:
> On Sunday, 15 May 2016 at 07:46:05 UTC, Adil wrote:
>> Found this on Reddit.
>>
>> http://blog.rust-lang.org/2016/05/13/rustup.html
>>
>> Do you think it's possible to have this in D? It's worth
>> reading the article even if we don't plan to build one of our
>> own.
>
> Of course it's possible, shouldn't be too bad, whether it'll
> ever get done is another matter.  There is dvm, but it's only
> for dmd right now:
>
> https://github.com/jacob-carlborg/dvm

I'd love to have a tool for this which used either GCC or LLVM. I
tried compiling for arm-none-eabi a while ago, and you could get
it working, but it was a bit of a pain getting all of the right
tools in place for it. I'd love to be able to juts type a command
and have it all just work. I'd really love to have something
which generated a DUB config which would cross compile.