Wiki hacked?

Vladimir Panteleev via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Mon May 16 13:40:29 PDT 2016

On Monday, 16 May 2016 at 16:27:51 UTC, Luís Marques wrote:
> Was the wiki hacked or something? I'm getting a certificate
> error, and the content is just this:

Thanks to TooHuman on IRC, I figured out the source of the
problem.

forum.dlang.org is CNAME-aliased to
forum.kimsufi.thecybershadow.net, which before pointed directly
to the correct server IP. Yesterday I moved my personal website
(thecybershadow.net) from an older server to the same server as
the forum, so I updated its IP, and changed
forum.kimsufi.thecybershadow.net to be a CNAME-alias of
thecybershadow.net. However, for some reason, this caused some
DNS resolvers to follow the redirect of
forum.kimsufi.thecybershadow.net but use thecybershadow.net's old
IP, which caused requests to go to the old server. For HTTP
requests, this continued to work fine, because the old server is
configured to act as a reverse HTTP proxy for domains moved to
the new server, however that isn't done with HTTPS, which is why
for some users the forum fails to load via HTTPS.

As far as I can tell, this is a temporary problem, and should
clear up once DNS caches expire.