Github names & avatars

dewitt via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Mon May 16 15:23:21 PDT 2016

On Friday, 13 May 2016 at 17:02:20 UTC, Walter Bright wrote:
> I'll ask again that the active Github users use their own name,
> and add to that if you could have a selfie as your github image.

I think the bigger issue is the fact that every photo is now
called a selfie.

Personally all the places I have worked Besides the USMC and gov,
my bosses could give two s**ts about your life.  In fact if they
saw something funny on github, they'd prolly be more inclined to
interview.  The PC crowd would love to ruin the careers of ppl
they don't agree with but if thats who your applying from then
thats on you.  I have never lived in SF so I am just gonna
stereotype that stuff that happens there doesn't happen
everywhere.  If your posting vile stuff on your real name then
thats on you.  Remember the Internet can screw you and you not
even be at fault.  If anyone remembers a certain very tragic
event a couple years ago back East (which I will not name) and
the media was blasting the brother's name as the perpetrator.
Imagine how that guy feels now and he didn't have anything to do
with his life being screwed over.

If you ever make a mistake just remember WWTD (What Would Trump
Do) and say "Yea I said it so what"

Bottomline: For every employer with a stick up their a**, there
is one that is actually a human being and knows ppl make mistakes.