D mentioned and criticized

Xinok via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Mon May 16 18:29:15 PDT 2016

On Monday, 16 May 2016 at 18:25:23 UTC, Chris wrote:
> I had a look at Loci, more specifically the language goals[1]:

I've been skimming through the docs and found one mention of D:

http://loci-lang.org/Exceptions.html#scope-exit-block

It seems to me that Loci is not a very "inspired" language
meaning that it doesn't take inspiration from many other
languages. The docs only ever refer to some classic mainstream
languages including C++, Obj-C, Java, C#, with a hint of D. There
are a few nice aspects such as modules, algebraic types, tuples,
and concepts. But then I feel like it takes too much from C++ and
mimics Java-esque OOP and concepts. I'm not saying these are bad
things but there isn't much that makes Loci stand out as a
programming language.

I'll add this to my list of PL bookmarks. It's a new language
with it's first stable build released just two years ago so maybe
the best is yet to come.