Always false float comparisons

Ethan Watson via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Tue May 17 00:52:08 PDT 2016

On Tuesday, 17 May 2016 at 02:00:24 UTC, Manu wrote:
> If Ethan and Remedy want to expand their use of D, the compiler
> CAN
> NOT emit x87 code. It's just a matter of time before a loop is
> in a
> hot path.

I really need to see what the codegen for the latest DMD looks
like, I have no idea what the current state is. But this isn't
just true for Remedy, it's true for any engine programmer in
another company thinking of using D.

In context of this entire discussion though, a compiler switch to
give the codegen I want is my preference. I have no desire to
dictate how other people should use D/DMD, I just want the option
to use it the way I need to.