Supporting musl libc

Martin Nowak via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Tue May 17 02:26:33 PDT 2016

On Tuesday, 17 May 2016 at 08:51:01 UTC, Jacob Carlborg wrote:
> I'm not sure how to best handle different C standard libraries
> when it comes to choosing which one to use. Is it best to
> choose that when building the compiler or when building
> druntime? Or can it be a runtime option?

Shouldn't be runtime detected, but a linktime/compile option.
We introduced CRuntime_Glibc specifically to separate libc from
kernel differences, e.g. to support android.
Have a look at how -mscoff32 and Android are implememted in dmd.
At best defining CRuntime_Glibc should move into dmd.conf, where
you could also select a different phobos library to link.