Discuss vulkan erupted, the other auto-generated vulkan binding

ParticlePeter via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Tue May 17 12:02:42 PDT 2016

On Tuesday, 17 May 2016 at 16:17:39 UTC, Manuel König wrote:
> Hi, Kalua here :)
>
> First, thanks again for fixing vulkanizeD, now I don't have to
> use my locally patched version anymore ;)

Welcome :-)

> Giving you some input for how your lib works on my posix sytem
> (arch
> linux):
>
> My simple triangle drawing program works with your lib, I only
> had to update the function loading names I chose differently.

That's nice to hear!

> But I had to modify erupteD's dub.json to depend on xcb (dub
> package xcb-d), because simply putting the xcb dependency in my
> project's dub.json was not enough. But this should only be a
> workaround, because not everyone uses/can use xcb, or they may
> even want to use different xcb bindings.

That's right, but if the platform modules are available as dub
packages they should be supported somehow.

> What I want to do is to tell dub that erupted should depend on
> xcb-d in my project's dub.json, is that possible?

I am not very confident with dub, but think that it would not
work. Maybe you ask in the dub forum?

But I have one idea which might work:
Create a module xcb.xcb.d yourself and publicly import all
required sources from xcb-d into it. In your triangle vulkan
project add the path to xcb.xcb.d and xcb-d to "sourcePaths" and
"importPaths". Erupted might pick it up.

Another way would be, and I think I'll go for it, that I add dub
platform configurations. In your case it would be:
"subConfigurations": { "erupted": "dub_platform_xcb" }
which would add xcb-d as dependency and the relevant xcb-d
modules in erupted.types.d