Always false float comparisons

Ethan Watson via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Wed May 18 01:30:07 PDT 2016

On Wednesday, 18 May 2016 at 08:21:18 UTC, Walter Bright wrote:
> The constant folding part was where, then?

Probably on the EE, executed with different precision (32-bit)
and passed over to the VU via one of its registers. Manu spent
more time with that code than I did and can probably give exact
details. But pasting the code, given it's proprietary code from a
15 year old engine, will be difficult at best considering the
code is likely on a backup tape somewhere.

> You're also asking for a mode where the compiler for one
> machine is supposed to behave like hand-coded assembler for
> another machine with a different instruction set.

Actually, I'm asking for something exactly like the arch option
for MSVC/-mfmath option for GCC/etc, and have it respect that for
CTFE.