Discuss vulkan erupted, the other auto-generated vulkan binding

ParticlePeter via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Wed May 18 11:57:48 PDT 2016

On Wednesday, 18 May 2016 at 15:09:50 UTC, Mike Parker wrote:
> On Wednesday, 18 May 2016 at 13:26:14 UTC, Manuel König wrote:
>
>> I think I will use glfw3 later. I don't know if the original
>> problem of using multiple configurations (xcb, xlib, glfw3,
>> ...) is possible with only dub's internal logic. I tried
>> putting this in my "vulkantest" packages' dub.json
>>
>> "subConfigurations":
>> {
>> 	"erupted": "with-derelict-loader",
>> 	"erupted": "normal"
>> }
>>
>> just for testing, and dub told me
>>
>> Could not resolve configuration for package vulkantest
>>
>> So I thinnk multiple subconfigurations are not supported.
>
> The way to handle this is to make multiple configurations of
> vulkantest, one for each of the configurations of erupted you
> want to support. Then, when you build vulkantest, you specify
> the configuration you want to build on the command line (unless
> you're building the default).

This is a good point, the custom project platform configuration
would then be forwarded to erupted. Only drawback would be that
"with-derelict-loader" config is not available in combination
with a platform config, but in the later case you would want to
grab vkGetInstanceProcAddr anyway in platform specific means.

Manuel, I could just skim over xcb-d. As far as I can see it has
the module xcb.xcb. Is this module sufficient to be imported in
erupted.types.d? In this case I would not have to touch the
erupt.py generator but instead just fix the erupted.dub file. As
you can test it, how about a pull request?