Possible bug in std.path?

Hugo via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Thu May 19 06:49:42 PDT 2016

On Thursday, 19 May 2016 at 05:06:44 UTC, Vladimir Panteleev
wrote:
> Here you can see the final string value of the program argument
> in your program.
>
> The correct invocation is: mytest "my dir\\"

What you suggest is non-standard in Windows, and would require
distributing the application with some form of comment saying you
have to use double backslashes, which is unprofessional. Software
should serve the user and not the other way round.

Notice I am not debating the escape character, but the
inconsistency of buildNormalizedPath, which IMHO should have
worked and fixed the trailing backslash.

> In the future, consider posting to the learn group.

I did not post there because I thought this was not necessarily a
newbie question. My apologies.