DMD producing huge binaries

Dicebot via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Fri May 20 13:49:20 PDT 2016

On Friday, 20 May 2016 at 19:41:16 UTC, Walter Bright wrote:
>> I don't see a need for hashing something. Would a
>> randomly-generated string
>> suffice?
>
> Hashing produces reproducible unique values. Random will not be
> reproducible and may not even be unique.

The question is: is it actually good for them to be reproducible?
The very idea behind voldemort types is that you don't reference
them directly in any way, it is just implementation detail. To me
it does make sense to apply it to debugging too (debugging of
deeply chained template types isn't really very usable anyway).