Always false float comparisons

Tobias M via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sat May 21 02:30:44 PDT 2016

On Friday, 20 May 2016 at 22:22:57 UTC, Walter Bright wrote:
> On 5/20/2016 5:36 AM, Tobias M wrote:
>> Still an authority, though.
>
> If we're going to use the fallacy of appeal to authority, may I
> present Kahan who concurrently designed the IEEE 754 spec and
> the x87.

Since I'm just in the mood of appealing to authorities, let me
cite Wikipedia:

The argument from authority (Latin: argumentum ad verecundiam)
also appeal to authority, is a common argument form which can be
fallacious, *such as when an authority is cited on a topic
outside their area of expertise, when the authority cited is not
a true expert or if the cited authority is stating a contentious
or controversial position.*

(Emphasis is mine)