Need a Faster Compressor

Era Scarecrow via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sun May 22 02:57:20 PDT 2016

On Sunday, 22 May 2016 at 09:48:32 UTC, Stefan Koch wrote:
> Nice results.

  This is with one sample to test against. I need a much bigger
sample, but I'm not sure how to generate/find it to give it a
full run for it's money. Not to mention there's a huge memory
leak while doing the tests since I'm trying not to have
malloc/free in the code results as much as possible.

  Although with a 30%-40% boost it might be enough to be good
enough, and has minimal code changes.

  Question Walter (or Andrei): Would it be terrible to have lower
characters as part of the identifier string? I'm referring to
characters under 32 (control characters, especially the \r, \n
and \t).