Chat with Stefan Koch about CTFE reimplementation

deadalnix via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Mon May 23 09:32:30 PDT 2016

On Monday, 23 May 2016 at 15:57:42 UTC, rikki cattermole wrote:
> Hello!
>
> [...]

Call me party pooper or something but this whole things seems to
get way out of control.

In order to asses the quality of the new design, one need to
compare it to a baseline (aka the existing design) or one is
basically going blind and unlikely to end up anywhere.

There are obvious low hanging fruits in the existing design. For
instance using a region allocator and blast it all after a CTFE
run. It is like we have a car with square wheels, and you guys a
reinventing a whole new car without even trying to maybe put
round wheel on the existing one and see how it goes.

Overall, that means you are embarking in an expensive project,
with 0 visibility on the actual value provided.