Idea: swap with multiple arguments

Xinok via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Tue May 24 12:09:57 PDT 2016

On Tuesday, 24 May 2016 at 18:51:32 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu
wrote:
> On 05/24/2016 02:48 PM, Xinok wrote:
>> BTW, Phobos already has a function called bringToFront which
>> can
>> rotate/roll ranges but the interface is a bit different
>> compared to
>> other languages.
>>
>> https://dlang.org/phobos/std_algorithm_mutation.html#.bringToFront
>
> This may be a misunderstanding. The original discussion was
> about rotating a fixed and compile-time-known number of values,
> not a range. -- Andrei

No misunderstanding; I realize that what you're proposing is a
variadic function which takes some arbitrary set of
variables/l-values passed by reference. The message was directed
at those discussing rotate/roll/etc from other languages. It
seemed nobody was aware this functionality was already available
in Phobos though understandable since bringToFront is an unusual
name for this function.