[RFC] List of contributors per module

Seb via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Tue May 24 12:22:31 PDT 2016

Hei,

I recently made a PR to dlang.org which is aimed to show a list
of all contributors to a Phobos module based on the git history.
The idea is to give all the awesome people who have helped and
contributed their earned credit!

https://github.com/dlang/dlang.org/pull/1307

A couple of questions from this PR are still open though:

1) How can we best integrate this with the author section?
- Should we move this into the header?
- Maybe a module could also have a current maintainer(s) (that is
in charge of approving changes)

2) Should we show the avatars? They are loaded lazily, so they
don't block the page load.
If neccessary out of privacy concerns, contribs.dlang.io could
act as a proxy.

3) I would prefer to generate this information on deploy-time,
but rolling a small (vibe.d) service was a lot easier than
integrating this properly in the current Makefile. Maybe once we
migrate to ddox this would be easier?