Preprocessing CSS

Andrei Alexandrescu via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Tue May 24 14:02:48 PDT 2016

On 05/24/2016 03:54 PM, Dmitry Olshansky wrote:
> Designers have no idea what DDoc is and frankly better off never
> learning it. Also using DDoc for CSS is stretching the tool's purpose.

Yah, that's reasonable. I'd choose ddoc over m4 though, the latter is
very powerful but feels like the wrong kind of power. One question is
what's the audience for our css files - D engineers with some Web
knowledge, or Web engineers with some or no D knowledge? Historically
it's been more of the former, but I suspect going forward we'll have
more of the latter. -- Andrei