Preprocessing CSS

Vladimir Panteleev via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Tue May 24 20:47:45 PDT 2016

On Wednesday, 25 May 2016 at 00:15:48 UTC, sarn wrote:
> Pulling Ruby in as a dependency for dlang.org would be sucky,
> but anything other than SASS or LESS (or something syntax
> compatible) is going to turn away a lot of contributors.  A
> homebrew macro system would make most run screaming, no matter
> how easy it is to learn.

The other side of the coin is that any additional dependency
added to the build process is going to contribute in turning away
people who want to contribute to Phobos and just want to see what
the resulting docs will look like.

DDoc syntax is not that alien in comparison, and is pretty
self-explanatory. I honestly think there is a lot of exaggeration
in this thread. Some people complaining in this thread have never
even contributed anything in the first place!

That said I don't see a lot of demand for preprocessing our CSS
files at the moment.

And, to add a data point, I have never used (or needed) neither
SASS or LESS, despite creating a lot of web apps and even working
at a web design company for a bit. I don't feel like I'm missing
out.