Preprocessing CSS

Andrei Alexandrescu via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Wed May 25 06:57:55 PDT 2016

On 05/25/2016 09:36 AM, Adam D. Ruppe wrote:
> On Wednesday, 25 May 2016 at 12:53:10 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu wrote:
>> Did you consider simply fixing some of that crap?
>
> I did! The result is at dpldocs.info
>
> A few minor changes also went through Phobos too:
>
> https://github.com/dlang/dlang.org/pull/1177
> https://github.com/dlang/dlang.org/pull/1184

This is great, thanks much.

> but the ddoc model just isn't very good to begin with.

Yah, I wouldn't disagree things can be vastly improved. My point there
is to make sure we distinguish what's trivially fixable (e.g. redundant
macro definitions) from larger issues. Again, if you find identical
macros across dd/ddoc files, or redundant macros that do the same thing
in just slightly different ways, please fix or file. Thanks!

Andrei