Could forum.dlang.org remember how many captchas I filled out?

Basile B. via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Wed May 25 09:08:12 PDT 2016

On Tuesday, 24 May 2016 at 16:36:36 UTC, cy wrote:
> On Tuesday, 24 May 2016 at 12:59:39 UTC, Basile B. wrote:
>
>> One thing that could be done is to disable the spam checker
>> when the user is registered. As a counter part registering
>> must be very strong: image capcha + text capcha + guess the
>> code result + ?
>
> Yes, that's the reason the spam checker shouldn't just be
> disabled when the user is registered.

Never mind it was a bad idea because a noob spammer can still
register by hand and let his bot run afterward with right reg
info stored for this site.

I don't know how look the "professional" spam programs but they
are probably fully automated, e.g almost never anyone is behind
the screen. I remember a few years ago I had a BB forum and the
captcha didn't prevent some spamming bots to auto-register,
though it was probably due to a security hole at this time.