Does D supports REPL

jmh530 via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Wed May 25 12:38:42 PDT 2016

On Wednesday, 25 May 2016 at 00:55:52 UTC, Carl wrote:

> It's worth noting that some of those Jupyter kernels are pretty
> quirky/limited. For example in the C kernel, every cell is an
> isolated program with a main function.
>
> Which is not to say it wouldn't be great to have D integration,
> just that it's trickier than it may seem at first glance.

I haven't used the C one. It looks like it is based on GCC. Cling
is another one listed for C++. I haven't used Cling, but the
example looks like the information in one cell can be used in
later cells:
https://github.com/root-mirror/cling/blob/master/tools/Jupyter/kernel/cling.ipynb

There seems to be some decent documentation on creating kernels:
http://jupyter-client.readthedocs.io/en/latest/kernels.html