Split general into multiple threads

Joakim via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Thu May 26 12:44:20 PDT 2016

On Thursday, 26 May 2016 at 19:32:31 UTC, ag0aep6g wrote:
> On Thursday, 26 May 2016 at 19:12:44 UTC, Joakim wrote:
>> Or we could just go by topic and not bother with separate
>> forums too, as it has largely failed so far.
>
> The General/Learn split is working pretty well. It works
> because people who ask learning questions in General get told
> to post to Learn the next time. If we (including Walter and
> Andrei) would do that with development stuff, it would work.

Oh, I agree, I was only talking about how to split General.  I
think the only way it works is with a few broadly defined forums,
as you said, not with many smaller ones.

I think it's high time many of the smaller ones were
consolidated: there really need to be separate IDEs and debuggers
forums?  There were eight threads with any posts this month in
those two forums combined.