Split general into multiple threads

Seb via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Fri May 27 02:44:56 PDT 2016

On Friday, 27 May 2016 at 09:10:08 UTC, ixid wrote:
> On Thursday, 26 May 2016 at 17:07:54 UTC, Seb wrote:
>> I think we all agree that general is having to much traffic
>> and according to CyberShadow [1] this again is just an
>> approval issue, however I expect this a bit controversial, so
>> please no OT! Only other category proposals.
>>
>> Proposed categories:
>>
>> - DMD
>> - DRuntime
>> - Phobos
>> - Language design (or Idea pool)
>> - D Foundation + resources
>> - Events
>> - Other (formerly known as General)
>>
>> I want to stress that whatever categories we pick, we have to
>> adapt them anyways if we realize that something is noisy again
>> or too silent.
>>
>> https://github.com/CyberShadow/DFeed/issues/66
>
> That's far too many categories, it would be better to have
> General and Technical at this stage.

The current idea (based on all the feedback) was to consolidate
the current categories into roughly something like this:

New users:
- Learn / Help
Community:
- General
- Annouce (Official annoucements)
- Broadcast
Development:
- Core (Language and standard library development)
- GDC
- Third-party (Dub universe)