The Case Against Autodecode

H. S. Teoh via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Fri May 27 18:24:48 PDT 2016

On Fri, May 27, 2016 at 04:41:09PM -0400, Andrei Alexandrescu via Digitalmars-d wrote:
> On 05/27/2016 03:43 PM, H. S. Teoh via Digitalmars-d wrote:
> > That's what we've been trying to say all along!
>
> If that's the case things are pretty dire, autodecoding or not. --
> Andrei

Like it or not, Unicode ain't merely some glorified form of C's ASCII
char arrays.  It's about time we faced the reality and dealt with it
accordingly.  Trying to sweep the complexities of Unicode under the rug
is not doing us any good.

The fact that anyone still uses AOL shows that even the presence of options doesn't stop some people from picking the pessimal one. - Mike Ellis