Our Sister

Marc Schütz via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sat May 28 04:26:19 PDT 2016

On Friday, 27 May 2016 at 13:32:30 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu wrote:
> On 5/27/16 7:07 AM, Marc Schütz wrote:
>> On Thursday, 26 May 2016 at 16:11:22 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu
>> wrote:
>>> RFC: what primitives should RCStr have?
>>
>> It should _safely_ convert to `const(char)[]`.
>
> That is not possible, sorry. -- Andrei

It is when DIP25 [1] is finally fully implemented (by that I mean
including for slices and pointers etc., Walter told me at Dconf
that this is going to happen), and the problem with aliasing
references is solved (which needs to happen anyway for any
reference counting to be safe).

[1] https://wiki.dlang.org/DIP25