Split general into multiple threads

Dicebot via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sun May 29 04:28:05 PDT 2016

On 05/26/2016 08:07 PM, Seb wrote:
> I think we all agree that general is having to much traffic and
> according to CyberShadow [1] this again is just an approval issue,
> however I expect this a bit controversial, so please no OT! Only other
> category proposals.
>
> Proposed categories:
>
> - DMD
> - DRuntime
> - Phobos
> - Language design (or Idea pool)
> - D Foundation + resources
> - Events
> - Other (formerly known as General)
>
> I want to stress that whatever categories we pick, we have to adapt them
> anyways if we realize that something is noisy again or too silent.
>
> https://github.com/CyberShadow/DFeed/issues/66

Without moderators to move mismatching topic between groups any more
fine grained separation will do more harm than good. NG in its current
form is simply not a good tool for focused technical discussion and
won't be. "Get rid of OT" idea sounds like mockery to anyone who doesn't
spend his entire lifetime posting here because 90+% of NG posts are
absolutely irrelevant.