faster splitter

qznc via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sun May 29 14:07:21 PDT 2016

On Sunday, 29 May 2016 at 18:50:40 UTC, Jon Degenhardt wrote:
> A minor thing - you might consider also calculating the median
> and median version of MAD (median of absolute deviations from
> the median). The reason is that benchmarks often have outliers
> in the max time dimension, median will do a job reducing the
> effect of those outliers than mean. Your benchmark code could
> publish both forms.

I don't think that would help. This is not a normal distribution,
so mean and median don't match anyways. What would you learn from
the median?

When looking at the assembly I don't like the single-byte loads.
Since string (ubyte[] here) is of extraordinary importance, it
should be worthwhile to use word loads [0] instead. Really fancy
would be SSE.

However, this is more advanced and requires further introspection.

[0]
http://forum.dlang.org/post/aahhopdcrengakvoemrn@forum.dlang.org