The Case Against Autodecode

ag0aep6g via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Tue May 31 07:56:31 PDT 2016

On 05/31/2016 04:33 PM, Seb wrote:
> https://github.com/dlang/phobos/pull/4384
>
> Explicitly stating the type of iteration in the 132 places with
> auto-decoding in Phobos doesn't sound that terrible.

After checking some of those 132 places, they are in generic functions
that take ranges. std.algorithm.equal, std.range.take - stuff like that.

That's expected, of course, as the range primitives are used there. But
those places are not the ones we'd have to fix. We'd have to fix the
code that uses those generic functions on strings.