Horrible DMD startup performance on Windows

Bruno Medeiros via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Tue May 31 11:34:05 PDT 2016

On 31/05/2016 19:21, Martin Krejcirik wrote:
> On Tuesday, 31 May 2016 at 18:13:05 UTC, Bruno Medeiros wrote:
>> performance on Windows has become horrible. Takes over 3 seconds on my
>> machine just to display the version.
>
> Doesn't happen to me. I doubt the problem is in dmd itself. Maybe deep
> path search, antivirus, or something like that ?

Hum, I didn't suspect anti-virus because DMD 2.068 (a version before the
port to D) works fine. However it turns out that indeed anti-virus is
the problem. My laptop is on Windows 7 and if I turn off real-time
protection on Microsoft Security Essentials, DMD starts instantaneously.

--
Bruno Medeiros
https://twitter.com/brunodomedeiros