Free the DMD backend

default0 via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Tue May 31 13:18:34 PDT 2016

I have no idea how licensing would work in that regard but
considering that DMDs backend is actively maintained and may
eventually even be ported to D, wouldn't it at some point differ
enough from Symantecs "original" backend to simply call the DMD
backend its own thing?

Or are all the changes to the DMD backend simply changes to
Symantecs backend period?

Then again even if that'd legally be fine after some point,
someone would have to make the judgement call and that seems like
a potentially large legal risk, so I guess even if it'd work that
way it would be an unrealistic step.