Variables should have the ability to be @nogc

Basile B. via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Tue May 31 18:45:49 PDT 2016

On Tuesday, 31 May 2016 at 23:46:59 UTC, Marco Leise wrote:
> Am Tue, 31 May 2016 20:41:09 +0000
> schrieb Basile B. <b2.temp at gmx.com>:
>
>> The only thing is that I'm not sure about is the tri-state and
>> the recursion. I cannot find a case where it would be
>> justified.
>
> The recursion is simply there to find pointers in nested
> structs and their GcScan annotations:

- the "auto" is like if there's no annotation.
- the "yes" seems useless because there is no case where the
scanner should fail to detect members that are managed by the GC.
It's for this case that things are a bit vague.

Otherwise only the "no" remains.

So far I'll go for this: https://dpaste.dzfl.pl/e3023ba6a7e2
with another annotation type name, for example 'AddGcRange' or
'GcScan'.