Function Proposal: std.algorithm.iteration : cumulativeSum

jmh530 via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Wed Nov 2 14:44:26 PDT 2016

On Wednesday, 2 November 2016 at 20:03:59 UTC, Meta wrote:

> I think there's an obvious reason as to why they're not called
> that.

I almost always see languages call it cumsum rather than
cumulativeSum.

R -
https://stat.ethz.ch/R-manual/R-devel/library/base/html/cumsum.html
Matlab - https://www.mathworks.com/help/matlab/ref/cumsum.html
Python -
https://docs.scipy.org/doc/numpy/reference/generated/numpy.cumsum.html

The only exceptions I could find were languages that called it
something else, like Accumulate in Mathematica or the scan
functions noted in the cumulativeFold function doc.

In practice, I would probably just create an alias.