Code signing to help with Windows virus false positives

Ethan Watson via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Thu Nov 3 04:34:08 PDT 2016

http://imgur.com/5DnCWYw

One of our guys just tried compiling and running a simple Hello
World program. F-Secure jumped right in.

Code signing the compiler isn't enough. It's been a persistent
problem around here with DMD generated binaries that F-Secure
will pick it up. Needless to say, if this happens out in the wild
with one of our games you won't want me to paste a single line
from the feedback we'll get about the game not working.

Turns out we have some good contacts at F-Secure though. So I can
see about getting the problem fixed at the detection level - and
because of the way the security community operates, that
knowledge should flush across to things like Windows Defender.