Regresion with 2.071.2 and higher with curl under wine

Daniel Kozak via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sat Nov 5 00:13:51 PDT 2016

On Saturday, 5 November 2016 at 01:38:03 UTC, brocolis wrote:
> On Saturday, 5 November 2016 at 00:04:16 UTC, Daniel Kozak
> wrote:
>> I am using dmd under wine for some time and everything works
>> OK (in many cases experience is better then on native windows
>> machine setup).
>>
>> But with twol latest dmd releases I am unable to use anything
>> curl related. Even basic example from
>> https://wiki.dlang.org/Curl_on_Windows#Building_libcurl.dll_on_Windows
>>
>> does not work it ends up with this result:
>> GnuTLS error: Byl přijat neočekávaný TLS packet.
>>
>> std.net.curl.CurlException at std\net\curl.d(4042): SSL connect
>> error on handle 5D1308
>>
>> But when I download libcurl-7.51.0-WinSSL-zlib-x86-x64.zip
>> from http://d.darktech.org/libcurl.html and replace
>> libcurl.dll in windows/bin folder with libcurl.dll from zip
>> file evrything works ok again.
>>
>> So is there anyone who knows from which source official dmd
>> release takes libcurl.dll?
>
> Hello Daniel.
>
> I build the libcurl.dll that is included with dmd and yes, I
> upload it to
> http://d.darktech.org/libcurl.html
>
> The error message "GnuTLS error: Byl prijat neocekávaný TLS
> packet." is weird because libcurl.dll is built with WinSSL. I
> don't even have GnuTLS installed on my computer.
>
> I double checked the libcurl.dll dependencies and found that
> "CRYPT32.DLL" was added as dependency starting with
> libcurl-7.50.0 due to
> https://github.com/curl/curl/pull/822 , but "CRYPT32.DLL" is a
> standard Windows dll, it's not related to GnuTLS.
>
> libcurl.dll dependencies are ["ADVAPI32.DLL", "CRYPT32.DLL",
> "KERNEL32.DLL", "MSVCRT.DLL", "WLDAP32.DLL", "WS2_32.DLL"]
>
> I'm sorry. I don't know why you get an "GnuTLS error".

As I wrote it is run under wine(http://winehq.org) on linux. So I
guess wine emulate some of winssl and translate it to GnuTLS. But
I am more interested which version of libcurl is used in latest
dmd installer because when I download latest libcurl from your
site above (http://d.darktech.org/libcurl.html) it works
perfectly. So it seems to me that latest dmd used some old libcurl