CTFE Status

H. S. Teoh via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Tue Nov 8 12:01:05 PST 2016

On Tue, Nov 08, 2016 at 12:12:34PM -0500, Nick Sabalausky via Digitalmars-d wrote:
> On 11/08/2016 11:57 AM, H. S. Teoh via Digitalmars-d wrote:
> >
> > The thing about git is that at its core, it's really very simple.
> > Dumb, even.  It's basically a program for managing a directed
> > acyclic graph (DAG).  That's all there is to it. The rest is just
> > frills.
> >
> > Trying to rationalize git in terms of traditional version control
> > systems is what usually causes lots of confusion, incomprehension,
> > and frustration.  To truly grok git, you have to just forget about
> > traditional version control concepts, and think purely in terms of
> > DAGs.  Once you do, everything falls into place and it all makes
> > sense in its own peculiar way (including all the flaws :-P).
> >

> I don't suppose you have a handy link to an "Understanding Git as a
> DAG manager instead of VCS" document?

Nothing immediately comes to mind, but thanks to Dr. Google, I found
this page that's sorta helpful:

	http://ericsink.com/vcbe/html/directed_acyclic_graphs.html

And perhaps these:

	http://eagain.net/articles/git-for-computer-scientists/
	http://marklodato.github.io/visual-git-guide/index-en.html

Or maybe I should write my own article about git being based on a DAG.
:-P

Leather is waterproof.  Ever see a cow with an umbrella?