[OT] web/desktop dying

Chris via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Thu Nov 10 02:45:26 PST 2016

On Wednesday, 9 November 2016 at 16:00:45 UTC, Nick Sabalausky
wrote:

> But it probably will take over anyway, because, let's face it,
> when the fuck has being complete and utter fucking shit ever
> stopped a computing tech from becoming a runaway success?:
> Windows, C++, Java2, Web-as-a-platform,
> JS/Ajax/Toolkit-overload, walled-garden services, zero-privacy
> private surveillance, non-tactile "touch"-screens, intrusive
> forced-update systems, removing-features-as-a-feature,
> widescreens for general computing purposes, iOS/Android
> "phones", etc. People are goddamned morons, and you know what?
> These motherfuckers DESERVE to have their privacy stolen, waste
> all their time futzing around with fucking broken software &
> devices, lose their data, and die while text-driving (or while
> letting GPS/Google drive their car, which mark my words, will
> be the next thing). I'd hope the whole fucking world burns, but
> it looks like I don't *need* to hope for that, it's pretty much
> guaranteed at this point anyway.

I've adopted this philosophy:

"Sit on the bank of a river and wait: Your enemy's corpse will
soon float by."

I just sit and wait, and indeed Ajax and other technologies have
been floating by ... Stick to what you know is good and don't
jump on the latest bandwagon that happens to pass by. In terms of
technology, you will save a lot of time, money and energy (no, I
never "learned" Ajax:)

#ontwitterallday
#shitdidntseethattruck
#donttextanddrive