DMD 64-bit Windows

Benjamin Thaut via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Thu Nov 10 07:36:35 PST 2016

On Wednesday, 9 November 2016 at 16:34:13 UTC, Mario Silva wrote:
> Hey everyone,
>
> While compiling our 64-bit app under Windows, DMD is getting
> out of memory.
> I wasn't able to find a windows version of DMD64, is there even
> one? If not, are there any plans? This is quite a show stopper
> for us.
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Mario

If you have VisualD installed just check out the dlang/dmd
repository on github using the last release branch and open the
visual studio solution inside the "vcbuild" directory. Then build
the x64 version of ddmd and use that. It is safe to rename the
resulting binary from "ddmd.exe" to "dmd.exe". You can replace
dmd.exe in your install with this newly build executable and
everything will work.