CTFE Status

Jonathan M Davis via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Thu Nov 10 12:15:49 PST 2016

On Thursday, November 10, 2016 18:40:03 Stefan Koch via Digitalmars-d wrote:
> On Thursday, 10 November 2016 at 01:17:48 UTC, Stefan Koch wrote:
> > After the bad news now a bit of good news.
> > I just finished the strCat algorithm;
> >
> > [...]
>
> As expected this code is slightly wrong and will fail on the
> offset == 3 case.
> It will need a little bit of tinkering until it's ready to go :)

And aren't you glad that you have all of these unit tests to verify that
what you're working works properly? They don't necessarily catch everything,
but it would be _way_ worse to completely replace something like this
without them. :)

The way that D promotes unit testing is definitely one of its strong points.

- Jonathan M Davis