D-issapointed after using C# for a while.

Jerry via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Fri Nov 11 15:32:11 PST 2016

On Friday, 11 November 2016 at 15:36:18 UTC, Taylor Hillegeist
wrote:
> In the past I have worked with D, C#, Java, Python and C and
> some other less popular languages. Most recently working with
> C# I suddenly realize the convenience and flexibility I had in
> D. One case in particular is with bit-fields in D they are a
> pleasure to use and implement, but in C# they are a mystery,
> sure they have Enums that are flexible for some cases, I
> suppose I just wanted to say thanks to the D community for
> their effort.

D doesn't have bitfields though? Phobos just has a template that
emulates them by mixing in functions that do the bit shifting.
Because it done through mixins it means you can't attach
attributes to the fields. Which I am in need of. Haven't found a
good workaround though.