D Lang installation on Windows, dependency on Visual Studio?

Nick Sabalausky via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Mon Nov 14 08:59:56 PST 2016

On 11/14/2016 08:44 AM, Patrick Schluter wrote:

> have their windows system partition on a smallish SSD.

Well, in all honestly, that IS going to cause problems regardless. The
larger SSDs are fine (enough) for a phone, but for a PC that's used for
anything more than the average joe's web/email/word combo, SSDs are
still far too small.

I still have an "old fashioned" HDD-only in my PC (a laptop):
dirt-cheap: <$100 for 1TB (try to find an SSD that remotely compares),
and the ONLY time I ever have speed issues in either Win or Lin is when
I'm running far too much crap and start hitting virtual memory swapping
(or when some badly coded program soaks up all the CPU recourses, but
SSDs cant help with that anyway).