[OT] D Lang installation on Windows, dependency on Visual Studio?

Nick Sabalausky via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Tue Nov 15 09:31:04 PST 2016

On 11/15/2016 03:33 AM, Vladimir Panteleev wrote:
> On Monday, 14 November 2016 at 16:59:56 UTC, Nick Sabalausky wrote:
>> the ONLY time I ever have speed issues
>
> "Speed issues" is one thing. Having most operations be INSTANT is
> another. It MASSIVELY transforms your workflow; UIs where each key press
> launches a command (e.g. magit, background builds...) become sensible
> and usable "blindly", and can easily multiply productivity by an order
> of magnitude.
>
> If you don't have an SSD in your work machine (but can afford one), you
> simply don't value your time.

I don't really use emacs, and (thought I admit I'm not 100% certain), I
don't think much of what I use launches (or at least needs to launch)
separate commands for each keypress (sounds like bad software
engineering to me, but that's just my gut impression, maybe I'm wrong).

That does remind me though: Are hybrid drives still a thing? They
sounded like a good idea (at least for laptops, where you can usually
only have one internal drive), but I seem to remember hearing that they
tended to have reliability problems. Has that been sorted out, or have
the hybrids just gone away entirely?