D Lang installation on Windows, dependency on Visual Studio?

Jacob Carlborg via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Wed Nov 16 10:03:31 PST 2016

On 2016-11-14 09:05, Nick Sabalausky wrote:

> The Linux and Mac versions rely on Linux/Mac's native C linkers,
> regardless of 32/64 bit.

Yeah. On macOS, Xcode is a 4.x GB download size and 12 GB install size
(just looking at what I currently have).

Perhaps we should take the missing parts from the ELLCC tool chain [1].
It's a cross-compiler tool chain based on LLVM. It contains a compiler,
linker, C/C++ standard library, other binutils and is completely self
contained.

[1] http://ellcc.org

--
/Jacob Carlborg