TechEmpower Web Framework Performance Comparison Round 13 -- vibe.d non-starter?

Chris Wright via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sat Nov 19 13:26:28 PST 2016

On Sat, 19 Nov 2016 16:43:40 +0000, thedeemon wrote:

>>> Where can I learn more about it?
>>>
>> It has been typo, it should not be 16.04 but 16.10.
>
> Err.. I mean, what is PIE and what kind of problems with D are there?

Position-Independent Executable, which is a binary that works with
Address Space Layout Randomization.

ASLR is a speedbump for attackers -- it puts the stack, heap, and text of
your program in random locations on each execution, so an attacker has a
lot more work to access globals or specific functions.

I don't know what issues D has with them, but I'd guess it has hard-coded
locations for global variables or static data or something.