OT: for (;;) {} vs while (true) {}

Jonathan M Davis via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Fri Nov 25 08:51:41 PST 2016

On Friday, November 25, 2016 10:03:26 Andrei Alexandrescu via Digitalmars-d
wrote:
> On 11/25/16 8:24 AM, Jonathan M Davis via Digitalmars-d wrote:
> > I would point out that technically, that breaks the range API.
>
> We need to change the range API then. -- Andrei

We can certainly do that. I'm just pointing out that as it stands, it's
legal to declare popFront to be a callable that doesn't work with optional
parens, and as long as that's true, calling popFront without parens means
that the code won't work with perfectly legitimate ranges. So, unless/until
isInputRange is changed, I'd say that calling popFront without parens is a
bad idea.

- Jonathan M Davis