[Bench!][Mir] +54%..+185% performance boost for Mersenne Twister.

Ilya Yaroshenko via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sat Nov 26 12:43:47 PST 2016

On Saturday, 26 November 2016 at 20:13:36 UTC, Andrei
Alexandrescu wrote:
> On 11/26/16 11:31 AM, Ilya Yaroshenko wrote:
>> Hey,
>>
>> 32-bit Mt19937 random number Generator is default in Phobos.
>> It is default in Mir too, except that 64-bit targets use
>> 64-bit Mt19937
>> instead.
>>
>> The last Mir Random beta improves performance for Mt19937.
>>
>> The goal was to:
>
> Congrats! Also thanks for using the Boost license which would
> allow backporting the improvements to Phobos. Who'd be up for
> it?

Yep, I am using Phobos parts and we can do backports. In other
hand it is requires efforts (I have experience with ndslice, and
I will be happy to remove ndslice from Mir after LDC 1.2.0
release).

> Also I'm thinking of removing std.random's dependency on
> druntime, e.g. by removing the uses of enforce. Thoughts?
>
> Andrei

Another one DRuntime dependency is core time.

BTW, I would be happy to have core.time + std.datetime as unified
nothrow @nogc library without DRuntime dependency (ahah, it is
BetterC propaganda!)

Ilya