[Bench!][Mir] +54%..+185% performance boost for Mersenne Twister.

Guillaume Piolat via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sun Nov 27 05:28:44 PST 2016

On Saturday, 26 November 2016 at 20:13:36 UTC, Andrei
Alexandrescu wrote:

> Congrats! Also thanks for using the Boost license which would
> allow backporting the improvements to Phobos. Who'd be up for
> it?
>
> Also I'm thinking of removing std.random's dependency on
> druntime, e.g. by removing the uses of enforce. Thoughts?
>
> Andrei

Without druntime, global ctor/dtor and TLS can't be used too.
Besides nothrow @nogc, std.random relies on a global ctor for
creating the default RNG, which is used liberally.
A useful intermediate step is to have these "[shared] static
this" ctor call a function instead, so that programs without
druntime can call them too.