debugging mixins

Stefan Koch via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sat Oct 1 22:00:07 PDT 2016

On Sunday, 2 October 2016 at 03:36:31 UTC, Manu wrote:
> This comes up a lot.
> As far as I know, it's not solved. What shall we do?
>
> I feel like a simple solution would be to have the compiler
> emit a <filename>_mixin.d file populated with all the mixin
> expansions beside the .obj files, and have the debuginfo refer
> to that fabricated source file?
>
> It might look a little bit weird jumping into code where the
> surrounding scope is not visible (unless that were copied over
> too?), but it's better than what we have now.
>
> Are there any other commonly proposed solutions?

We should create a file where the string-mixins are expanded, I
agree.
However I am not sure if this is a quick-fix or a more tricky
thing.

In theory the PrettyPrinter we have should give as a way to
produce such a file.

I have been meaning to work on this issue for a while now, alas
there is always something else to do :)