ndslice: feature deprecation voting / discussion

jmh530 via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sun Oct 2 09:36:14 PDT 2016

On Sunday, 2 October 2016 at 15:26:00 UTC, John Colvin wrote:

> I'm not that fussed about template bloat, but future API
> flexibility seems important.

Wouldn't it be more flexible to allow both ways?

If D can handle the case without brackets without any issue, why
force it?

In Matlab, writing ones(2, 2) produces a 2x2 matrix of ones.
In numpy, I would write np.ones((2, 2))

I find it annoying that in numpy I have to constantly remember to
put in the second set of parentheses. This idea is basically
forcing the same issue into ndslice. I think it's a bad idea.