Examples Wanted: Usages of "body" as a Symbol Name

angel via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Wed Oct 5 08:32:15 PDT 2016

On Wednesday, 5 October 2016 at 02:11:14 UTC, Meta wrote:
> I'm currently writing up a DIP to propose removing `body` as a
> keyword to allow it to be used for variable names, functions,
> etc. I'm looking for examples and contexts where `body` would
> normally be used as a variable, function name, alias, etc. This
> is what I have come up with off the top of my head:
>
> - In web programming where "body" is a required tag in any
> valid HTML document. Ex:
> - It is a name commonly used for XML tags and/or attributes
> - Physics simulations as well in astronomical contexts
> ("planetary bodyies", etc.)
> - Video games, such as referring to the player character's body

Really, why do we need a _body_ ?
We have pre-condition and post-condition (in and out), everything
else is a body.
It is simply inconsistent - a regular function with no in and out
blocks has no body block. Now one adds a pre-condition (and / or
post-condition) - whoop - one needs to wrap the whole function
body ... well in a body expression.